We are better together than we are alone
By Senior Master Sgt. Christopher Underwood, 129th Rescue Wing Human Resources Advisor
/ Published March 30, 2009
MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD, Calif. --
The Flywheel is still spinning in April, and we need your collective efforts to keep pushing the Flywheel. Now is the time for us to place all of our hands on the Flywheel and give it one BIG push to keep the momentum going.
As an Airman, I don't have to look like you, think, be or speak like you to stand with and advocate for you. As Airmen, we are better together than we are alone!
As our country faces some difficult times and challenges, both domestic and abroad, now is the time for us to reignite the flame of togetherness by building upon the trust and respect that we have of each other. We are continuing the legacies of those that taught us how to stand and fight together through difficult and challenging times. We must again understand that we are better together than we are alone!
As we continue to push the Flywheel and raise the bar that the Air National Guard Office of Cultural Leadership and Development has set for us, continue the Flywheel Momentum by interweaving these points on your agendas for all meetings and monthly roll calls.
- The way in which the Air National Guard is sensitive to all Airmen around us as we conduct our operations and requirements to live our Core Values.
- "I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do," said Helen Keller. "If not you, then who?"
- Do you act rightly with Moral Courage? "You don't have to be one to stand with!"
This is my Flywheel Challenge to you. Ask yourself, "What did I do today to push on the Flywheel?"
- As a leader, are you reliable? Do you support your Airmen in moments that matter and are you there for them when it counts?
- How well do you understand the needs of your Airmen and the degree to which you must earn their trust and respect to stand by and with them?
Recommended films to watch in April:
The Great Debaters
Remember the Titans