HRA: What did you do today to push the 'Flywheel'?
By Senior Master Sgt. Christopher Underwood, 129th Rescue Wing Human Resources Advisor
/ Published December 31, 2008
MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD, Calif. -- As your Human Resources Advisor, I will help create an environment in our wing that harnesses the talents, strengths and knowledge of our Airmen. I will also assist in the transformation of a culture that encourages empowerment of our Airmen and one that allows them the opportunities to display their greatness.
With these efforts we can be most effective in achieving our missions as we enhance our retention, productivity and mission readiness.
The never-ending journey from good to great is clear. Each month, the Office of Cultural Leadership and Development has defined themes that focus your attention to pushing the 'Flywheel' in our wing!
We will kick-start the year in January with a spin on the Flywheel with TRUST.
· Trust is "Who you are, what your values are, what you stand for.... Those are your anchor, your north star. You won't find them in a book You'll find them in your Soul," said Anne Mulcahy, Chairman and CEO of Xerox
· Trust flows from being trustworthy! It is born from honoring commitments, speaking your truth, standing for what is right and listening to the voice of one's conscience
· Be trustworthy. In order to lead, your must be trusted, to be trusted, you must be trustworthy. Your integrity can never be taken away
Flywheel Challenge: Ask yourself: "What did I do today to push on the flywheel?"
· Are you consistently accountable for; not only for your actions, but the actions of your subordinates?
· Integrity is the trusting, unbreakable bond that unifies leaders and Airmen. How do you create a culture of conscience?