MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD, Calif. --
This is a compilation of news bits Airmen and families can use to prepare for the upcoming UTA weekend.
The following Airmen have been selected as the 2010 129th Rescue Wing Airmen of the Year.
- Senior Airman Bryson Barnette, 129 SFS - Airman of the Year
- Tech. Sgt. Douglas Montgomery, 129 SFS - Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
- Master Sgt. Jessica Brown, 129 MXG - Senior Non-Commissioned Officer of the Year
- Master Sgt. Anja O'Neil, 129 MXG - First Sergeant of the Year
- Airman 1st Class Jessica Green, 129 RQW - Honor Guardsman of the Year
Welcome New 129th Members!
- Staff Sgt. Fitzgerald Capati, 129 OSF
- Staff Sgt. Scott Anderson, 129 LRS
- Airman 1st Class Donald Emerson, 129 AMXS
- Airman 1st Class Benjamin Duckett, 129 AMXS
- Airman 1st Class Mathew Main, 129 AMXS
- Airman 1st Class Jason Truong, 129 MXS
The following members have recently been promoted to their current rank.
- Senior Master Sgt. Boyd, Johnston, 129 LRS
- Master Sgt. Brian Cantrell, 129 MXS
- Tech. Sgt. Roberta Textor, 561 Band
Thank You for Your Service!
We wish the following retired, separated and transferred members well
- Senior Master Sgt. Lenny Melton, 129 RQW
- Master Sgt. Gary Antone, 129 LRS
- Tech. Sgt. James Bellew, 130 RQS
- Tech. Sgt. David Dooley, 129 SFS
- Tech. Sgt. Carole, Schindler, 561 Band
- Staff Sgt. Rebecca Cohen, 129 SFS
- Staff Sgt. Albert Rinker, 129 SFS
- Staff Sgt. Alan Syto, 149 CCS
The following graduated the Air National Guard Academy of Military Science.
- Master Sgt. Richard Lower, 129 MXG
- Tech. Sgt. Raymond Torres, 129 LRS
2011 UTA, ORE and ORI Schedule
Use the following schedule for drill attendance as opposed to the TAG special order M-1.
UTA - War Skills College
UTA -CRTC War College/Exercise Training
- April 9-10: UTA
- April 11: Annual Training (as designated by Commander)
May 14-20: Phase I/II ORE
- May 14-15: May UTA
- May 16-17: July 2011 RUTA (as designated by Commander)
- May 18-20: Annual Training (as designated by Commander)
RUTA (May 16-17 as designated by Commander)
Ancillary Block Training
Phase I/II ORE
- Oct. 1-2: UTA
- Oct. 3-4: February 2012 RUTA (as designated by Commander)
- Oct. 5-7: Annual Training (as designated by Commander)
Phase I/II ORI
- Dec. 3-4: UTA
- Dec. 5-10: Annual Training (as designated by Commander)
Religious Services Schedule
Chapel services have been moved from the MXG classroom to the new Family Reception area of bldg 669. Services take place every Sunday morning of UTA drill weekend in Building 650.
- Catholic Mass: 10:15-10:45
- Non-denominational services: 11:00 - 11:30
AHA Scholarship Recipients Announced
The 129th Alumni Heritage Association is proud to announce their 2010 scholarship recipients. Each recipient will receive $1,000 from the 129th AHA. This year's scholarship recipients are:
- Staff Sgt. Ricky Karicas, 129th SFS will be receiving the SMSgt Delluchi Scholarship
- Staff Sgt. Leah Simpson, 131st RQS will be receiving the Col Koenig Scholarship
- Staff Sgt. Leslie Zapata, 129th OG will be receiving the Lt Col Hatley Scholarship
- Senior Airman Ryan Lyau, 129th FSF will be receiving the Maj Harshman Scholarship
- Airman 1st Class Edgar Beaver, 129th FSF will be receiving the Gen Santos Scholarship
- Airman 1st Class Amber Poynor, 129th OSF will be receiving the Col Lina Ruppel Scholarship
2010 Tax Statement Information
Tax season is here and it's time for annual tax statements. The Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) is in the process of preparing and distributing the millions of tax statements due to DoD customers by the end of January. Applicable tax statements will be available on MyPay at https://mypay.dfas.mil/mypay.aspx
No Texting While Driving on Base
To all 129th RQW personnel from Col. Amos Bagdasarian, 129th Rescue Wing Commander: NASA Security has notified the wing that a large number of 129th personnel have been observed using cell phones/handheld devices while driving motor vehicles on Moffett Field; this is not allowed By Federal Law on federal property. NASA Security has the ability cite persons in violation of motor laws. The fine for using a cell phone while driving if ticketed by NASA is more than $100. Don't take any chances. DRIVE SAFELY!
Spice Illegal For Airmen, Produces Dangerous Side Effects
Spice, considered by some to be a marijuana alternative because it has the same effects, is a mixture of potentially dangerous herbs coated with chemicals and is often smoked like a cigarette. It is banned from use by Airmen and scheduled to soon become illegal for all U.S. citizens. If an Airman uses spice, disciplinary or adverse administrative actions will be pursued under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
Fitness Regulation Changes Based On Airmen's Feedback
An Air Force Guidance Memorandum was issued that provides policy changes to AFI 36-2905, Fitness Program, and was implemented Jan. 1. Compliance with the program is mandatory and outlines notable clarifications from the original July 1 guidance, such as specified waist-measurement procedures, sit-up and push-up instruction and clarity of target-component values to achieve an overall passing score. For the complete AFGM 2, visit the Air Force e-publications website or read the complete article at http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123236029
All Americans Encouraged To Visit A National Park This Year
National Park Service officials will waive admission fees on 17 selected dates throughout 2011 and encourage all Americans to make a New Year's resolution to visit a national park this year. The 2011 fee-free dates are: Jan. 15-17; April 16-24; June 21; Sept. 24; and Nov. 11-13. More information is available at http://www.nps.gov/findapark/feefreeparks.htm
2011 Air Force Marathon Registration Open
The 15th annual event will occur Sept. 17 at the National Museum of the United States Air Force. In addition to a full 26.2 mile marathon, runners also can compete in a 13.1 mile half marathon, a 10K run or a 5K race. Marathon organizers are encouraging runners to register early this year.