MOFFETT FEDERAL AIRFIELD, Calif. --
Although students are finishing up courses and getting ready for summer, don't let these great scholarship opportunities pass by.
DRS Guardian Scholarship Fund
The DRS Guardian Scholarship Fund, administered by The National Guard Educational Foundation, is offering scholarship grants for four-year and two-year terms valued at $6,250 per year. The scholarships cover costs for tuition, applicable room and board, fees and books.
Eligbility criteria for applicants include:
- Must be dependent son or daughter of a deceased National Guardsman who served in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation New Dawn.
- High school students in their junior or senior year with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent who have been accepted to a nationally or regionally accredited college, university or technical school.
- Full-time students currently attending a nationally or regionally accredited college, university or technical school who maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent for the academic year immediately preceding the academic year for which the scholarship is sought.
Application deadline is June 30, 2011. For more information please go to http://www.ngef.org/index.asp?bid=300
to download the complete criteria and application.
CSM Virgil R. Williams Scholarship
The Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States is pleased to announce that it has partnered with Grantham University to offer a full scholarship to the online University. The scholarship, named in honor of CSM Virgil R. Williams, is valued at $36,000 and covers tuition costs, required textbooks, software, and fees for the recipient to earn an undergraduate or graduate degree at Grantham University.
Interested applicants must be one of the following:
- EANGUS member
- Unmarried son or daughter of an EANGUS member
- Spouse of an EANGUS member
- Unmarried spouse or unmarried dependent son or daughter of a deceased EANGUS member who was in good standing at the time of their death.
Deadline for interested applicants is June 1, 2011. For more information about Grantham University and to apply, visit: http://www.grantham.edu/alliances/eangus-scholarship
JPMorgan Chase Technology Education
Through its groundbreaking collaboration with Syracuse University, JPMorgan Chase will now offer a Technology Education certificate exclusively for veterans to prepare them for technology careers. All military who have served on active duty going back to Sept. 11, 2001 will be eligible to apply for the free program. It will be delivered online, so students can complete the coursework from any location. JPMorgan Chase employs 20,000 technology employees in the United States and will actively recruit graduates of the school to fill open roles.
For more information about the program, go to www.veterans.syr.edu
. Further details on enrollment and more information on the firm's current programs available to military and veterans, visit www.chasemilitary.com